About Us

About Dunlop’s Auto Shop

Fred Dunlop opened his first shop in June 1967 (the swinging 60s) at 1206 Shettleston Road. A small one windowed shop sell tuning parts for Minis, Big Bore exhausts and leather steering wheels.

14 years later he moved to a larger shop at 1218 Shettleston Road. 10 Years ago he got the chance of premises at 1250 Shettleston Road and set about opening one of the best auto shops in the UK. Winning in 2009 the CAT Mag awards of top auto shop in Scotland and again winning it in 2013.

Now Fred plans to take a back seat in the business and leave the day to day running of the business with his son Stewart who Fred made his partner in 2006 and his manager Jim Steenson who is well known in the motor parts scene in the east end. All have vast knowledge in the motor trade and are happy to deal with all your enquirers.

about us
Menu